Thursday 12 August 2021

Pointless, Painful, Physical, Education

I completed two tasks called Synthesis and QAR using a text called Pointless, Painful, Physical, Education.
First, I did the Synthesis activity. I had to fill in my prior knowledge in what I already know about what the text is about, I had to read the new information in the text, and I had to combine both of the catogories into a new understandings.

After, I did a QAR activity. I had to read 10 questions and put them in the correct box with an answer. They are, right there, think and search, author and you, and on my own.

Right there is the answer could be found right in the text.

Think and search is the answer is in the text but you may have to look at different places to find the answer.

Author and you is the answer is not in the text. You have to use your own knowledge and what the author has told you to not come up with the answer.

On my own is the answer is not in the text. You could even come up with your own answer if you didn't read the text. You need to use your own background knowledge and thinking skills to come up with an answer.


I enjoyed this activity because I used my own prior knowledge to read the text.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.